Terms of Service
The following are subject to change without notice.
- OUR POLICY -We will always be fair with you, and give a clear, non-technical description of your computer problem. We will explain the pros and cons of the different options for repairing your computer and give you the most accurate estimate possible.
- GUARANTEE OF WORK – We do not repair computers running Windows XP and Vista. For a computer running any other operating system, software repairs are guaranteed for 30 days. Guarantees on hardware repairs will be based on the manufacturer’s warranty. If a used part or computer is involved, the guarantee is 30 days, unless otherwise stated. If there is a problem with the service or part provided, and you contact us within the specified time frame, we will work to resolve the problem at no additional cost to you.
- INVOICING/METHODS OF PAYMENT – Any business has the option of being invoiced for any service provided. Payment is due at time of service unless other arrangements have been made. After 30 days have elapsed a FLAT fee of $50 plus 18% APR of the balance will be charged on the unpaid amount per month until the balance is paid in full. For residential customers, payment is due in full at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, echecks, and all major credit cards. Returned checks are subject to a $30.00 fee.
3A. Echeck Payment – All checks will be processed on the customers end through the invoice payment section. We reserve the right to withhold product shipment until full payment is cleared. Invoices under $5000 must wait for a maximum of 5 business days. Invoices over $5000 must wait for a maximum of 7 business days. Payment must clear ACH before products are shipped.
3B. Credit Card Authorization – Greatchoice Computer Services reserves the right to authorize full or partial holds on the customers credit card.
- TRIP FEES – If the computer to be serviced is located more than 15 miles from our shop, we reserve the right to charge a $25.00 travel fee in addition to the normal hourly fees. We charge 55 cents/mile plus tolls for 50 miles and over.
- TIMELINESS – Appointments are scheduled within one hour blocks (e.g. 10-11 AM). If the technician is running late, you will receive a call to reschedule not more than a half hour into the block (e.g., by 10:30 AM in the above example). The right is reserved to reschedule any appointment due to other emergencies. If you need to cancel a service call. Greatchoice Computer Service requires at least 2 hours notice of cancellation prior to the scheduled performance of services. $50 cancellation fee is applied within 2 hours of cancellation.
- DATA BACKUP – You understand and agree that prior to contacting or allowing a technician to perform any repair on your computer, it is your responsibility to back-up the data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives. You acknowledge and agree that Greatchoice Computer Services shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software.
- ACCESS – The technician must receive full access to the computer(s) and/or peripheral(s) to be serviced, access to your residence, your consent and cooperation to enter your residence or business, and a safe working environment, working space and electrical power. If the technician arrives at the scheduled service time and determines that he/she does not reasonably have the access cooperation or safe working area described in the previous sentence, then services may be denied and a $50 cancellation charge will be assessed.
- ADULT PRESENCE REQUIRED – For on-site services, a person of at least 18 years of age must be present during the entire time period services are provided. If the technician arrives at the scheduled service time and no adult is present, services may be denied and a $50 cancellation charge will be assessed.
- PART ORDERS – A customer may have to pay in full for a part before it is ordered.
- LOANER COMPUTERS – You have the option of having a loaner computer delivered to you, if there are any available while your computer is being repaired. A credit card deposit/authorization of $200 is required and will be refunded upon return of equipment.
- STORAGE – If a computer is repaired at our shop, it will be stored for 14 days at no charge once work is completed. If you have not picked it up or scheduled delivery by that time, we will continue to store it for a fee of $15.00 per week. If the computer is left at our shop more than 30 days, we will deem it abandoned, and reserve the right to recycle it or sell it, after ensuring all data has been deleted and resold for payment of an unpaid bill.
- PIRATED SOFTWARE – Under no circumstances do we work with pirated software (i.e. burned CDs).
- Availability of Service (Contract Only): Greatchoice Computer Services shall attempt to provide services between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm in your respective time zone (in the continental U.S. or Canada), Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. You agree that from time to time Greatchoice Computer Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (1) equipment failures, (2) periodic maintenance procedure or repairs which Greatchoice Computer Services may undertake, (3) causes beyond the control of Greatchoice Computer Services or which are not reasonably foreseeable, including without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission lines, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures.
- Availability of Service (Non-Contract or Contract): Greatchoice Computer Services shall be available during normal business hours. We shall also attempt to provide after hours support between the hours of 5:00 pm to 8:30 am the following day Monday to Saturday. Emergency surcharge of $50 will apply for all after hours support. You agree that from time to time Greatchoice Computer Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (1) equipment failures, (2) periodic maintenance procedure or repairs which Greatchoice Computer Services may undertake, (3) causes beyond the control of Greatchoice Computer Services or which are not reasonably foreseeable, including without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission lines, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures.
- Hourly Plans: Service is charged on a 15-minute basis and may require you to purchase a minimum number of minutes in advance. Prior to initiating service, a credit card or debit card authorization will be required. Time is accrued and billable the entire time Greatchoice Computer Services is connected to your computer, researching your problem, or communicating with you via email or on the telephone. Greatchoice Computer Services shall cease work and bill all accrued charges upon resolution of your issue or at any time upon your verbal request over the phone or written request via email. This plan cannot be used for “slow computers” or computers that are infected as it will take longer than 60 minutes. The technician must be confident that the issue can be fixed in the allotted 60 minutes. If the technician feels that a particular issue cannot be completed in the time left, the technician will communicate that to the customer so they can decide whether or not to continue.
- Refund Policy. Refunds will not be issued after services have been rendered. If you request a refund on services not rendered, you will incur administrative costs, which are equal to thirty minutes of support, at $100 per hour. If you do not want to incur this fee, Greatchoice Computer Services will keep service available for up to one year, after which a refund will not be available. If Greatchoice Computer Services is unable to solve a computer software problem or determines that a customer’s computer is not repairable, a partial refund may be issued at the sole discretion of Greatchoice Computer Services. A partial refund, if issued, will be determined by subtracting the number of service hours provided at $100 per hour from customer payments.
We do not accept any returns on electronics which includes laptops, desktops, tablets, etc. Only DOA (Dead on Arrival) will be accepted. Greatchoice Computer Services has the right to accept a return and include a restocking fee equal to 15% of the total cost of the product plus shipping.
Warranty Products must be returned according to the manufacturer warranty. Greatchoice Computer Services does not accept warranty replacement items. Please contact the manufacturer directly. Greatchoice Computer Services has the right to charge said customer the hourly rate, $100, to assist in warranty related incidents.
- Force Majeure: If Greatchoice Computer Services and/or its third-party service provider’s ability to provide services is impaired by circumstances beyond the control of GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES or its third-party service provider, including but not limited to road or traffic conditions, weather, natural disasters, strikes, or other causes, GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES or its third-party service provider may choose not to provide services.
- Disclaimer: Greatchoice Computer Services AND VENDOR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED BY Greatchoice Computer Services (OR SUGGESTED BY Greatchoice Computer Services) TO YOUR COMPUTER AND THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY Greatchoice Computer Services ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Greatchoice Computer Services DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY, USE, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, EFFECTIVENESS OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, OR OTHERWISE RESPECTING, THE Greatchoice Computer Services SERVICES OR THE CONTENT OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE Greatchoice Computer Services OR VENDOR SOFTWARE, SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE SITE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Any software or material for which Greatchoice Computer Services suggests or downloads to Your computer is implemented at Your own discretion and risk and You are solely responsible for any damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material, or use of this site. Information published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in Your country, or You must comply with all local laws, if applicable.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL Greatchoice Computer Services BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE FAILURE, AND ALL OTHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF Greatchoice Computer Services OR VENDOR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED OR SUGGESTED BY Greatchoice Computer Services OR THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF Greatchoice Computer Services SERVICES, THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, Greatchoice Computer Services TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT OR LINKS, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR Greatchoice Computer Services SERVICES.
- Applicable Laws: This Site is controlled by Greatchoice Computer Services from its offices within the United States of America. Greatchoice Computer Services makes no representation that the Content on this Site is appropriate or available for use in locations other than the United States and Canada, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the downloaded software or Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation U.S. export and re-export control laws and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which You reside. You further agree to comply with all local laws, regulations and rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
- Governing Law; Arbitration: These Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida. The parties further agree that in addition to any other court of competent jurisdiction, the Superior Court of Florida in and for Marion County will have jurisdiction over the parties to any dispute, claim, or cause of action arising out of these Terms. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms which cannot be resolved by the parties hereto will be finally resolved by the parties in accordance with the then current International Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration proceedings will be conducted in Ocala, Florida. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive upon the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The number of arbitrators shall be one (1) if the claim amount is less than $100,000 and the number of arbitrators shall be three (3) if the claim is equal to or greater than $100,000.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties concerning the purpose of these Terms and supersedes any other agreements and understandings concerning this purpose. These Terms may be amended, waived, or revoked only by written agreement of both parties. Failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not act as a waiver of any term or right set forth herein.
- Notices: Notices to You may be made via either email or regular mail. Greatchoice Computer Services may also provide notices of changes to the Terms or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to You generally on the Site.
- Revisions: Greatchoice Computer Services may make changes to the materials and services at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on You. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site. The materials and services at this Site may be out of date, and Greatchoice Computer Services makes no commitment to update the materials and services provided by Greatchoice Computer Services.
- Acceptance of Terms: You acknowledge You have read and agree to be bound by these Terms. You represent You have the legal authority to accept these Terms on behalf of Yourself or any party You represent. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE AND UNINSTALL ANY GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES SOFTWARE OR VENDOR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER BY Greatchoice Computer Services.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES AND ITS SUPPLIERS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS OF DATA BACKUP SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. IF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT CHARGE, THEN GREATCHOICE COMPUTER SERVICES AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU WHATSOEVER.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, FROM INABILITY, TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING A FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR DIRECT DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.