HIPAA Compliance in Ocala FL
HIPAA Compliance in Ocala FL
Who Does HIPAA Compliance Affect?
HIPAA compliance rules apply to two groupscovered entities and business associates.
- A covered entity is a health plan, health care clearinghouse or health care provider who electronically transmit any health information.
- A business associate is a person or entity that performs certain functions or activities that involve the use or disclosure of protected health information on behalf of, or provides services to, a covered entity.
HIPAA applies to all information that relate to the past, present and future physical or mental health of a patient as well as the past, present and future payments for the provision of their healthcare. This can include everything from patient histories and patient insurance information to patient notes and forms. The law requires that all healthcare providers have documented policies that prove that measures are being taken in order to protect the private information of their patients.
What Is HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act, commonly known as HIPAA, is a complex set of regulations concerning medical information privacy and security, as well as the standardization of transaction code sets. Healthcare providers and other covered entities that transmit protected health information (PHI) or electronic protected health information (ePHI) must comply with comprehensive HIPAA security rules to ensure patient privacy and data confidentiality.
As cyberattacks increase in frequency and sophistication, the need to protect sensitive and personal data is becoming more critical than ever. Medical organizations and healthcare providers must remain vigilant, continuously monitoring their networks to ensure no malware is lurking behind the scenes. Many are turning to Tenable, both to reduce exposure and loss by detecting cyberattackers, as well as tohelp ensure HIPAA compliance by automating compliance audits and reporting.
HIPAA Compliance in Ocala Florida
Three Steps To HIPAA Compliance
- Review previous audits and conduct a thourough exam of your offices policies, network infrastructure and security policies according to current guidlines
- Compile a report for your office with suggestions to maintain HIPAA Compliance from an Technology stand-point
- Implement your changes
Ongoing Vulnerability Scanning
Our proprietary software called Risk Intelligence, provides continuous monitoring for healthcare providers, and facilitates and ensures HIPAA security rule compliance by:
- Enabling faster response time and time-to-containment of breaches
- Providing a single view for enterprise-wide visibility of all assets, vulnerabilities and compliance status
- Helping scan or monitor 100% of IT assets, applications and medical devices without compromising data
KNOW WHERE YOUR DATA IS UNPROTECTED
Anyone who works in the health care field, understands the importance of keeping your information, which includes your patients’ information, protected and out of the wrong hands. One way to ensure your information and network are secure is by performing vulnerability scans.
Data Discovery Scanning
Risk Intelligence provides popular pre-defined data discovery templates enabling customers to identify the sensitive information most relative to your business.
- Payment Card Scan – Searches for unencrypted credit card PAN primary account number data and is validated with the Luhn algorithm.
- Personal Data Scan – Discovers social security, credit card, drivers license and date of birth.
- Data Discovery Custom – This option enables you to specify other variations of sensitive information such as trade secrets, intellectual property and ACH Payment.
To make custom data discovery simple, Risk Intelligence enables you to select from a pre-defined list of available data types, e.g. license plate, vehicle identification numbers or alternatively add your own search expression.
Data acquisition – Risk Intelligence is typically deployed by downloading the command line interface executable to a common file share server, and then leveraging systems managment tools for scheduling the scan as a task. The command line scanner is also available as a PowerShell or cURL script. Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP – 10; Server 2003 – 2012
- Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.10.x
- Linux 64 bit – RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Oracle
Contact us for HIPAA Audit pricing
Isn’t it time you put your IT in the right hands?
Greatchoice Computer Service