Outside Sales Representative
Type of Employment
independent Contractor (1099 Employee)
More information about this job:
We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
Compensation is based on percentage of monthly reoccuring revenue. Percentage will be discussed upon a job offering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer Service Skills: The customer is always right. You will need to be able speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
- Communication Skills: You will need to speak to customers about a product’s different features, and answer any questions they might have.
- Flexibility: You might have to work long hours, nights or weekends.
- Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education:
- Technical Competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communications; verbal and written
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures
- Professional phone and typing skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers
- Ability to maintain poise and productivity in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Help desk/Technical customer support experience
- High School Diploma or GED